The cybersecurity industry grew by leaps and bounds in the last several years. This growth can be attributable to two major factors:
• Increased global interconnection and a revolution of the Internet of Things
• A quick rise of the instances of cybercrimes
With the kind of growth this industry has experienced and the rate of evolution that cyberspace is taking, this revolution will not be slowing down soon. Currently, companies and businesses all over the world are at risk of cybercrime. This has prompted a high demand for cybersecurity services to secure and maintain the balance that holds the global economy. In addition to securing and keeping frameworks sustainable, companies worldwide are now turning to MSP – Managed Service Provider – providers for security and better management of their IT infrastructure.
With this kind of demand, it is important for companies offering cybersecurity and MSP services to advertise and market their products effectively. This will ensure that they can get a chunk of the market and make the world a better place. In this article, we evaluate the various ways to market your services to your potential clients effectively.
The following are some of the major tactics you can use to create and generate leads.
- Leverage Content Marketing
Though it is probably the oldest trick in the book, this tactic has seen many companies grow from one level to another. Essentially, before you can sell to your potential client, you need to show them that you understand the essence of their needs and how you can solve their problems. Simply put, you do this by creating content that shows real-world examples of what your client needs.
To generate more traffic and consequently more leads, you will need to ensure that your content is data-driven and accurate. For instance, you can develop comprehensive materials that demonstrate how your cybersecurity product is best suited to handle a particular attack or situation. Additionally, back your content with customer testimonials, industry reviews, and case studies related to real-world cases.
A great example of a content marketing tool is a blog. Essentially, in a blog, you post information that outlines the products and services you offer. It would be best to fill the blog with content that gives direction on cybersecurity and MSP areas. You will be presenting your prospect with information that shows that you have a good grasp of their problems and that your solutions can be of great help to them.
You can use other content for marketing your product and services, including creating downloadable content such as e-books and videos. Depending on how you want to generate your leads, the content can be free or premium.
Before a prospective client goes through your blogs and other content media, it can be pretty tough to market your offerings and make a sale. For instance, a client might read your content and decide to take some time before contacting you. In such a case, being proactive becomes a great tool for your cybersecurity company. Essentially, email marketing is a more direct approach to lead generation. All you have to do is create mailing content and get a mailing list. With this mode of marketing, you should keep the email content as important as possible. Basically, with the rise of spamming and hundreds of irrelevant mail, many people tend to delete emails they don’t like.
Additionally, they may mark the email as spam and therefore push it to the spam folder. To avoid this, ensure that your mailing list is well researched and fits your mailing criteria. Additionally, try to use the following tips for more effective email marketing:
• Provide your prospects with the availability of content such as case studies, e-books, videos, and printable content that gives them an understanding of cybersecurity.
• Link the emails to relevant blogs
• Give offers and promotions that encourage purchase or sign-up
- Conduct Webinars
A webinar is like a conference where you meet with prospective leads and tell them about your products. In most cases, webinar attendants are prospective clients that want to learn about the products you offer and the problems that your product intends to solve. This means that your attendants will be quite knowledgeable and more interested, and engaged in your webinar. In most cases, company experts attend cybersecurity webinars who either want to learn more or get a solution to their problems. Therefore, if you would take the webinar as your marketing platform, you would develop leads easily converted to clients.
A paid campaign is very effective in promoting your marketing efforts and creating interest in prospects so that more leads can generate more traffic for your landing page.
How are the two important? With paid campaigns, you can present your compelling content to a bigger audience—additionally, the bigger the audience, the better the chance of generating more leads. For instance, you can create compelling content of the latest cybersecurity and MSP trends and then get a paid campaign to promote the content on various platforms.
The best way of generating leads is by educating your prospects. Simply put, keep your prospects updated with current events, news, and trends. Therefore, when the lead decides to become a client, they will easily give you a call.
- Give the Sense of Product and Service Scarcity
Apart from your product’s great content and tremendous popularity, you need to ensure that your products are highly demanded. Typically, you do this by creating a short supply and quickly approaching deadlines. You should be able to provide content that has not yet been covered. In essence, this content should be very detailed, consumable by the prospects, and limited in the sense of availability and time.
- Create a Bandwagon Effect for Your Products
People and prospective clients will purchase your product if they feel that other people like it and have bought it. For instance, social media platforms grew through popular and renowned personalities joining them. You can leverage this effect by creating marketing content that also mentions people and characters who are your clients. This way, more people who feel that they identify with the personalities will convert to clients.
- Hijack the News – Newsjacking
Newsjacking is a way of generating demand for content and topics that are in the news. It can be very effective however you need to do it carefully.
For instance, you can create more leads by providing deeper information on a topic of public interest. This way, you keep your prospects interested and seeking your wisdom. However, to ensure that you use this trick effectively, ensure that you follow the following.
• Do not capitalize on tragic incidents. This can distort the need for your information.
• Be creative, and don’t let prospects feel like you cheated them out of their time. This calls for great and relevant content to ensure that your reader can relate and find the relevance.
• Ensure that you have all the facts. Otherwise, prospects might view your content as substandard.
According to David Meerman Scott, the international best-selling author of Newsjacking: How to Inject Your Ideas into a Breaking News Story and Generate Tonnes of Media Coverage, newsjacking is a form of real-time branded communication wherein you inject your ideas into a breaking news story at just the right time for it to spread and reach a massive audience.
This is what AI content generators recommend.
Cybersecurity Digital Marketing Strategy
A cybersecurity digital marketing strategy can help you effectively reach and engage potential customers or clients through online channels. Here are a few tips to consider when developing a cybersecurity digital marketing strategy:
Identify your target audience: Clearly define who you are trying to reach with your marketing efforts. This can help you tailor your messaging and select the most appropriate channels for outreach.
Develop a website: A well-designed website can serve as a hub for your digital marketing efforts and provide a professional and trustworthy presence online.
Use search engine optimization (SEO): Optimizing your website and content for search engines can help you increase visibility and attract potential customers who are searching for cybersecurity solutions.
Utilize social media: Social media platforms can be an effective way to connect with potential customers and promote your cybersecurity products or services.
Create valuable content: Providing valuable, informative content (e.g. blog posts, ebooks, webinars) can help establish your expertise in the cybersecurity field and attract potential customers.
Use email marketing: Sending targeted, personalized email campaigns can be an effective way to reach potential customers and nurture leads.
Measure and track your results: Use analytics tools to track the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts and make data-driven decisions to improve your strategy over time.
Depending on your needs, you can choose one or multiple tips from the above list to market your cybersecurity products and MSP services. Essentially, the trick is making a prospect choose you due to the kind of perception they have of you. To create a positive perception, keep your leads updated, inform them of new trends and mention your products and expertise.
Critical Resources for Cybersecurity Sales and Marketing
- Using Social Media for Professional Growth
- Improve Your SEO and Content Marketing Expert Tips and Guidance
- Webinar Marketing Best Practices Guide
- What is cold calling? How It Works, Tips and Best Practice in Variety of Industries
- Boosting Engagement: The Power of LinkedIn Hooks: Tips and Strategies for Businesses of all Industries
- Gaining a Competitive Edge through Local Chamber of Commerce Membership for Businesses
- Tech Jokes: A Collection of Computer, Network, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and ChatGPT Humor
- How to market Cisco network security products and how employee can help with marketing
- Marketing Cisco Network Security in the Digital Age: Utilizing Social Media, Digital Marketing, and Events
- SEO and Content Marketing Advice for Cyber Security Services
- How to Choose a Reliable Cybersecurity Company
- How to Measure and Justify Your Cybersecurity Investment and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Marketing for Cybersecurity Company
- Advertising and marketing services for businesses in any industry
- Cybersecurity marketing strategy for healthcare industry
- Cybersecurity Conferences, in-person events, virtual summits, webinars and workshops
- Whiteboard and Cartoon Animation Production, Videos Marketing for Any Industry
- Cybersecurity News, Marketing Blog and Events
- How to Boost Qualified Leads Generation?
- Security, SEO and Site Optimizations Tools for Web Developers
- ROI of Your Cybersecurity Investment – Measuring the return of the investment in cybersecurity.
- A Marketer’s Guide to Newsjacking and How to Do It Well.
- The Art And Science Of Newsjacking With Real-Time Content: