How businesses can Benefit from Local Chamber of Commerce Membership
As a business owner, it’s important to constantly look for ways to gain a competitive edge in your industry. One often overlooked opportunity for businesses is membership with a local chamber of commerce. Joining a local chamber of commerce can provide a variety of benefits that can help businesses of all sizes grow and succeed. From networking opportunities to access to resources, the benefits of local chamber of commerce membership are numerous.
Networking, Referrals, Visibility, Advocacy, and Savings: The Benefits of Local Chamber of Commerce Membership.
Maximizing Business Growth through Local Chamber of Commerce Membership Some of these benefits include:
- Networking opportunities: Chambers of commerce often host networking events and networking groups, which can be a great way for companies to connect with other businesses and potential customers in the community.
- Business referrals: Chambers of commerce can also provide referral services, connecting businesses with potential customers who are looking for products or services in their area.
- Visibility and credibility: Being a member of a chamber of commerce can increase a business’s visibility and credibility within the community. Many people view chamber membership as a sign of a reputable and established business.
- Advocacy: Chambers of commerce often advocate on behalf of their member businesses, working with local government and other organizations to create a business-friendly environment.
- Discounts and savings: Many chambers of commerce offer discounts and savings on products and services to their members.
According to a study by the Schapiro Group, an independent research firm, businesses that are members of their local chamber of commerce see a significant increase in business growth:
- 79% of consumers are more likely to purchase goods and services from companies that are members of their local chamber of commerce.
- 73% of consumers believe that companies that are members of the chamber are reputable.
- 74% of consumers believe that chamber members are trustworthy.
- 63% of consumers believe that chamber members offer better products and services.
To use chamber of commerce membership to sell more networks, wireless, mobility and network security solutions and services, companies can:
- Attend and participate in chamber events, such as networking events and trade shows, to connect with potential customers and partners
- Take advantage of referral services and business leads provided by the chamber
- Utilize the chamber’s marketing and advertising opportunities to increase visibility for their products and services
- Leverage the chamber’s credibility to help build trust with potential customers
Another study by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives found that:
- Small businesses that are members of their local chamber of commerce have a 44% higher survival rate than non-members.
- Chamber members report an average of 20% increase in business growth.
- Chamber members are 5 times more likely to report an increase in business than non-members.
It’s important to note that these numbers are just an indication and the actual results might vary depending on the chamber and the company’s participation in it.
Joining a chamber of commerce is usually an affordable investment and it can yield significant returns.
It can be beneficial for managed service providers, Cisco partners, and cybersecurity startups to create combined events or webinars with local chambers of commerce.
By working together, these organizations can share knowledge and resources, and provide valuable information to the local business community. These types of partnerships can be beneficial for both parties as they allow them to share knowledge and resources and provide valuable information to the local business community.
Some potential topics for events or webinars could include:
- Cybersecurity best practices for small businesses
- Strategies for protecting against ransomware attacks
- How to implement a robust disaster recovery plan
- The latest trends in cloud security
- Managing remote work security risks
In 2018, a cybersecurity company called Rapid7 partnered with the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce to host a series of educational events for small and medium-sized businesses. The events were designed to help these businesses understand the risks they faced and how to protect against cyberattacks. The events were well-attended, and the feedback from attendees was positive. The partnership was beneficial for Rapid7 as it helped the company to position itself as a thought leader in the community and generate leads. (https://members.bostonchamber.com/list/member/rapid7-102794)
Benefits of hosting these types of events or webinars include:
- Building relationships with other local businesses and organizations
- Positioning your company as a thought leader in the community
- Generating leads and new business opportunities
- Educating the local business community about the importance of cybersecurity
Another example, in 2020, A cybersecurity company called Darktrace partnered with the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce to host a webinar that discussed the latest trends in cloud security and provided best practices for protecting against cyber threats. The webinar was well-attended, and the feedback from attendees was positive. The partnership helped Darktrace to position itself as a thought leader in the community and generate leads.
How to organize an event or webinar with Chamber of Commerce near you:
- Reach out to the local chamber of commerce to discuss potential topics and identify a date and time that works for both organizations.
- Create a promotional plan that includes email marketing, social media, and other channels to reach potential attendees.
- Develop a clear agenda and choose presenters who are knowledgeable and engaging.
- Consider providing a Q&A session or follow-up resources for attendees.
- Use relevant and specific keywords in your content to improve search engine rankings.
- Write for your human audience and make sure your content is easy to read and understand.
- Use headings and subheadings to break up your content and make it easier for readers to scan.
- Use high-quality external and internal links to improve the credibility and authority of your site.
- Include images and other media to make your content more visually appealing and engaging for readers.
On average, webinars have an attendance rate of 41%, and 82% of attendees are more likely to buy from the host company after watching a webinar. Furthermore, webinars are a cost-effective way to reach a large audience and generate leads.
For example, a Cisco partner and a local chamber of commerce in a city could organize a webinar on how to secure remote work for small businesses during the pandemic.
The Cisco partners would provide the technical expertise, while the chamber of commerce could help promote the event and reach local businesses. This would help the Cisco partner to position themselves as a trusted advisor to small businesses, and also help the local chamber of commerce to provide valuable information to its members.
Here are a few examples of how Cisco partners work with local chambers of commerce:
- Educational events and webinars: Cisco and its partners often host educational events and webinars for small and medium-sized businesses in partnership with local chambers of commerce. These events focus on providing businesses with information about the latest technology trends and best practices for protecting against cyber threats.
- Networking events: Cisco partners also participate in networking events organized by local chambers of commerce. These events provide an opportunity for businesses to connect with other members of the local business community and learn about new technologies and services.
- Sponsorship: Cisco and its partners also sponsor local chamber of commerce events and programs, which help to support the community and raise the visibility of the company.
- Partnership on local initiatives: Cisco also partners with local chambers of commerce on initiatives that support local businesses and communities.
In 2020, Cisco partnered with the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce to launch an initiative to support small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
AT&T partnered with the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce to host a series of workshops for small businesses. The workshops provided information on technology and business strategies.
Dell partnered with the Round Rock Chamber of Commerce to host a Small Business Summit. The summit provided resources and networking opportunities for small businesses in the area.
According to recent studies, businesses that are members of a local chamber of commerce see an average of 5% increase in revenue. Furthermore, businesses that are members of a local chamber of commerce are 50% more likely to stay in business for five years or more. These statistics highlight the potential for local chamber of commerce membership to have a significant impact on a business’s success. Also, chamber of commerce members have access to exclusive events, training, and business resources that can help them to stay ahead of their competition. In conclusion, local chamber of commerce membership is a valuable investment for businesses looking to gain a competitive edge and grow their business.
Critical Resources for Cybersecurity Sales and Marketing
- Using Social Media for Professional Growth
- Improve Your SEO and Content Marketing Expert Tips and Guidance
- Webinar Marketing Best Practices Guide
- What is cold calling? How It Works, Tips and Best Practice in Variety of Industries
- Boosting Engagement: The Power of LinkedIn Hooks: Tips and Strategies for Businesses of all Industries
- Gaining a Competitive Edge through Local Chamber of Commerce Membership for Businesses
- Tech Jokes: A Collection of Computer, Network, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and ChatGPT Humor
- How to Choose a Reliable Cybersecurity Company
- How to Measure and Justify Your Cybersecurity Investment and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Marketing for Cybersecurity Company
- Advertising and marketing services for businesses in any industry
- Cybersecurity marketing strategy for healthcare industry
- Cybersecurity Conferences, in-person events, virtual summits, webinars and workshops
- Whiteboard and Cartoon Animation Production, Videos Marketing for Any Industry
- Cybersecurity News, Marketing Blog and Events
You must be logged in to post a comment.