Latest Cybersecurity Stats.
The following informational links are compiled from a variety of cyber security articles and blogs. It is worth exploring these statistics and their potential cybersecurity implications in rapidly changing digital landscape.
Critical Infrastructure News.
- Coronavirus threats highlight need to improve federal government’s cyber policy
- US and UK cybersecurity agencies reveal ‘large-scale’ password spraying campaigns
- DHS cybersecurity agency warns of coronavirus phishing attacks
- Who should be responsible for critical infrastructure’s cybersecurity?
- Should government pay the ransom from digital hijacking?
- Trump administration must produce 5G security strategy under new law
- A new label to better protect critical infrastructure
- Better data could be the missing link in cyber policy
- Ways government, industry can overcome a perpetual challenge
- What the DHS cyber agency is doing to tackle coronavirus
- The DHS cyber agency has a key role in a new strategy
- ‘What’s the next step?’: US officials are rethinking how to dissuade cyberattacks
- Panel will recommend that feds can declare a ‘cyber state of distress’
- Here’s what DHS learned from the Super Tuesday vote
- At least two presidential campaigns aren’t using two-factor authentication
CyberSecurity Case Studies and Strategies.
- President Biden issues sanctions against Russia for cyberattacks, election interference
- Russian foreign intelligence service exploiting five publicly known vulnerabilities to compromise U.S. and allied networks
- Gaining a video surveillance ‘edge’ in the cloud
- Product spotlight on cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy solutions
- 5 minutes with Ray Espinoza - Common cybersecurity hurdles leadership teams may encounter when restructuring
- Cybersecurity training lags, while hackers capitalize on the pandemic
- Cybercriminals targeting unpatched Exchange servers by installing cryptojacking malware
- Research finds sharp increase in Initial Access Brokers listings
- Educational organizations are hit by phishing attacks targeting cloud data more than any other vertical
- First-ever ‘Identity Management Day’ is April 13, 2021
- Clubhouse API allows everyone to scrape public user data
- April's Cybersecurity & Geopolitical podcast is up!
- April is National Supply Chain Integrity Month
- 500m LinkedIn accounts leaked
- IT security professionals demonstrate excessive trust despite concerns with remote work security programs
Threatpost Cybersecurity Blog
- BazarLoader Malware Abuses Slack, BaseCamp Clouds
- iOS Kids Game Morphs into Underground Crypto Casino
- NSA: 5 Security Bugs Under Active Nation-State Cyberattack
- Mandiant Front Lines: How to Tackle Exchange Exploits
- Google Project Zero Cuts Bug Disclosure Timeline to a 30-Day Grace Period
- Biden Races to Shore Up Power Grid Against Hacks
- Gafgyt Botnet Lifts DDoS Tricks from Mirai
- Attackers Target ProxyLogon Exploit to Install Cryptojacker
- Security Bug Allows Attackers to Brick Kubernetes Clusters
- Ransomware Attack Creates Cheese Shortages in Netherlands
- FBI Clears ProxyLogon Web Shells from Hundreds of Orgs
- A Post-Data Privacy World and Data-Rights Management
- 100,000 Google Sites Used to Install SolarMarket RAT
- Microsoft Has Busy April Patch Tuesday with Zero-Days, Exchange Fixes
- How the NAME:WRECK Bugs Impact Consumers, Businesses