“People shopping across Google more than a billion times a day, and Google Ads generate 2 dollars for advertisers for every 1 dollar spent”1) Set a Clear Objective and Budget. Each campaign begins by choosing a goal. This goal focuses your campaign on delivering a specific outcome. Prepare an advertising plan and create clear #goals. (Good tip for all paid media platforms) 2) Landing Page Optimizations. Create a relevant and optimized landing page. Send the user to a tailored landing page, rather than a homepage, so they don’t have to click around to find the content they are looking for. (Good tip for all paid media platforms) 3) Select Your Targeting. Targeting helps define how narrow or broad the audience for your ads can be. Without any targeting, your ads will have the widest possible reach. Common forms of targeting include keywords, audiences, locations, topics, devices, and remarketing. (Good tip for all paid media platforms) 4) Set Up Conversions. Conversion tracking can help you track the actions that you want customers to take on your website. They can significantly improve your ability to assess the effectiveness of your ads, targeting, and overall campaigns. (Good tip for all paid media platforms) 5) Performance Max Campaigns. PMC can deliver ads on every Google property via the complete automation of targeting and delivery based on data provided by the advertiser. Performance Max Campaigns will gradually start replacing Smart Shopping & Local campaigns (Google Ads) Google Ads constantly innovates and it is important to keep up with the latest updates such as Performance Max.
Upgrade your Smart Shopping and Local campaigns to Performance Max.
Boost online sales and in-store purchases before, during and after the upcoming holiday season by upgrading your campaigns as soon as you can. Using the upgrade tool, your campaign learnings and settings like goals, budget, creative assets and bid strategy will be carried over to maintain performance
- Meet consumer expectations for convenience by using annotations. Shoppers are increasingly looking for great deals, fast delivery times and easy returns. Sale price, shipping and return annotations can help your ads stand out from the crowd.
- Find new and valuable customers across channels using Customer Match. Performance Max learns from your existing customers to drive results faster. It helps you find similar customers and uncover new customer segments you may not have expected.
- Identify relevant trends and get forward-looking insights on the Insights page. Demand forecasts show rising search interest for the products you sell. This can help you prepare budget, marketing and merchandising plans for moments of peak consumer demand.
Make your products stand out and drive more sales with Performance Max
The official guide to reaching more customers across their shopping journeys online and in-store.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is best for beginner and intermediate retail advertisers who have already set up their free product listings in Google Merchant Center and linked their account to Google Ads. If you still need to upload your products to Merchant Center, you can find more guidance here
With people shopping across Google more than a billion times a day1, Shopping ads give you a chance to show your products and connect with consumers at key decision-making points in their shopping journey.
In this guide, you’ll learn how you can improve your Shopping ads creatives and optimize your campaigns to drive more sales across additional Google advertising channels and inventory.
1. Enhance your product feed to help your Shopping ads stand out
2. Show your ads to more shoppers as they browse across channels
3. Optimize your campaigns to drive more performance
Google Marketing Live 2022
If you’ve tried unsuccessfully to advertise on Google, don’t give up. There are many reasons why your Google Ads could be underperforming. But, first, let’s cover some standard Google Ads best practices.
- Prepare an advertising plan and create clear SMART goals
- Create a relevant and optimize your ad landing page.
- Use Ad Extensions.
- Measure and improve upon your strategy.
- Use a PPC planning template.
- Use negative keywords.
- Avoid broad keyword terms.
- Don’t run irrelevant ads
- Improve your Quality Score (QS).
- Automate the process. Maximize conversions by optimizing the bidding process. Use Smart Bidding
If you want your Google Ads to produce qualified leads and customers, then check out these additional resources and use them as guidelines as you set up your Google Ads campaign.
- Landing Page Best Practices will teach you how to set up a landing page that’s prime for conversions so you don’t waste those precious clicks.
- Optimized “Thank You” Pages shows you what to do with your new lead post-conversion, how to keep them on your site, and ways to maintain their attention.
- Tips for Mobile Google Ads teaches you the key differences between desktop and mobile ads and how to optimize both.
- Optimizing Google Ads Costs will show you how we, at HubSpot, maximize our Google Ads spend to get the best ROI.
- Quality Google Ads Examples That Convert shares examples of Google advertising campaigns that got it right.
Given its reach and authority, Google Ads should be a part of your paid strategy. Use the tips we covered to get started, and remember to refine and iterate as you go.
To advertise your products on Google, you’ll need to set up your account first.
These articles cover topics like creating an account, claiming your website, and uploading a logo to represent your business.
- Sign up for Google Merchant Center
- Navigate Google Merchant Center
- About your store name
- Upload a logo
- Register your site’s URL
- Verify and claim your store’s website
- Set up auto-tagging in Merchant Center
- Advanced account setup
- About multi-client account reporting
- User access for Merchant Center
- Change your Merchant Center email preferences
- Set up your return policies for Shopping ads and free listings
- About product data alerts
- About marketplaces
- Remove products from your account
- Submit stable landing pages
- Delete your Merchant Center account
- Delete return policies for Shopping ads and free listings
- About the Shopping experience scorecard program
- Share your business identity attributes (US only)
- Manage your notifications
- About automatic website verification
Related marketing, advertising and cybersecurity articles.
- How to Choose a Reliable Cybersecurity Company
- How to Measure and Justify Your Cybersecurity Investment and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Marketing for Cybersecurity Company
- Advertising and marketing services for businesses in any industry
- Cybersecurity marketing strategy for healthcare industry
- Cybersecurity Conferences, in-person events, virtual summits, webinars and workshops
- Whiteboard and Cartoon Animation Production, Videos Marketing for Any Industry
- Cybersecurity News, Marketing Blog and Events
- 10 Insider Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- Landing page optimizations and best practice
- Basics online marketing
- Stretching your google ads budget
- Steps to prepare your campaign for success
- 10 Types of Visual Social Media Posts That Get Shared Like Crazy
You must be logged in to post a comment.